Best of the West
America Holidays Highlights
- San Francisco
- Pacific Highway 1 Coastal Route
- Los Angeles
- Grand Canyon
- Las Vegas
- Option to hire a Convertible Car
- Direct flights from the UK
- Flexible durations
Days 1 to 4 – San Francisco
Start your America Holidays departing the UK on your chosen scheduled flight to San Francisco. Upon arrival take a taxi, or we’ll arrange a transfer for you, to your preferred hotel where you will spend the first 4 nights of your holiday. San Francisco is one of the most enchanting cities in the USA. From Lombard Street, the crookedest street in the world, to Alcatraz and Fisherman’s Wharf, from Union Square to the historic Cable Cars, Chinatown and the Golden Gate Bridge – the city is bursting with things to see and do.
Days 5 & 6 – Carmel or Monterey
Driving distance 125 miles approximately 2 ½ hours
Collect your hire car from the downtown location and set off to discover the iconic Pacific Highway 1 which follows the spectacular coastline to the enchanting seaside towns of Monterey and Carmel by the sea, known for their breath-taking scenery and artistic history and packed with waterfront activities.
Day 7 – Pismo Beach or Cambria
Driving distance 100 miles approximately 2 hours
Feeling refreshed after a good night’s sleep you’ll enjoy a leisurely drive down the Big Sur coast line towards the sleepy villages of Cambria and San Simeon for your next stop. Pacific Highway 1 is one of the world’s most spectacular drives so you’ll find today’s journey is guaranteed to create a lasting memory of this magnificent area. En-route to Pismo beach we recommend that you stop off and visit Hearst Castle, at San Simeon, the grandiose estate of publisher William Randolph Hearst.
Days 8 to 11 – Los Angeles
Driving distance 150 miles approximately 2 hours
The question in Los Angeles is never what to do, but where to begin. Los Angeles is home to many famous attractions in a relatively concentrated space. Your choices include amusement parks, architectural landmarks, art museums and galleries, beaches, parks, hiking and shopping, to name a few. After the sun goes down, you’ll find there’s an abundance of nightlife options, including movies (of course!), as well as live music and comedy provided by performers both legendary and yet-to-be-discovered. A region of great diversity where you’ll discover a world of culinary adventures.
Days 12, 13 & 14 – Las Vegas
Driving distance 271 miles approximately 4 hours 20 minutes
Upon arrival in Las Vegas check into your hotel and return your hire car, there’s no need for a car in Vegas. Las Vegas is a playground designed to offer anything you want, relax by the pool, play golf or tennis, use the spa, shop in the vast array of malls or explore the many themed hotels along the strip. See a show (from Magic to musicals) the possibilities are endless. Whilst in Las Vegas we have incluede a helicopter trip to The Grand Canyon, the scenery is awe inspiring!
Day 15 – Las Vegas to UK
Bring your America Holidays to conclusion with some last minute sightseeing, or relaxing by the pool, before you head to Las Vegas airport for your return flight back to the UK. There’s no escaping the gambling in Las Vegas, at the airport you will find several rows of slot machines in the departure terminal ready to relieve you of your last few dollars, you never know you might just be lucky enough to drop the Jackpot!
Prices from: £1,850.00 pp
Prices are based in low-season travel.
We will provide you with a quotation based on the lowest airfares and hotel rates at the time of your enquiry. This means you will benefit from the most competitive prices available, for the dates you want to travel.
Our America Holidays Include:
- Round trip scheduled flights from your chosen airport
- UK & America Airport taxes
- 14 nights room only accommodation (more nights can be added if you wish)
- 8 days fully insured car rental (Car not needed in San Francisoc & Las Vegas)
- Helicopter Trip to the Grand Canyon
- Exclusive travel documentation package including personalised maps, itinerary and driver directions along with all the applicable tickets and vouchers
Driving Tips for your America Fly Drive Holidays
- Obviously you have to be on top of the game when driving in a new country and after an 8 hour flight it can be tough – so maybe get some rest before you hit the road.
- Driving in America you need: A valid driving licence, passport/ID and a valid credit card.
- It is not illegal in the United States to “undertake” on the freeways, by undertake we mean overtaking on the inside or right hand side.
- In America you drive on the right so remember to give away traffic from your left when using roundabouts. At traffic lights, if you are turning right, you are allowed to turn even if the light is showing red.
- Speed limits on interstates vary between 65 to 75 mph depending on the State you are in, in towns speed limits can be as low as 25mph and are generally obeyed absolutely. It is very rare to see anyone exceeding a speed limit in a town – those drivers that do are almost always stopped by the police.
- One US gallon is 3.8 litres. Service stations are regular on the highways, selling all grades of fuel and open 24 hours. Most filling stations require you to pay before you fill up. All major credit cards are accepted.
- When parking in America use designated ‘off street’ and car parks as strict laws apply for street parking. Do not park in front of yellow or red road lines or within 10 feet of a fire hydrant.
Car Rental on Your America Holidays
Included in all our America fly drive holidays itineraries is your rental car. Working with all of the major car rental companies we ensure you will have a suitable, fully insured car for the journey. We will usually suggest the car size appropriate for your party but you may consider upgrading to a 4X4, a luxury car or, to add a bit of fun, a convertible. Just let us know your preference.
Points to consider before deciding upgrading the size of your car hire are the number of adults and children in your party, the amount of luggage (separate roof racks are not available), the length of the journey, passenger comfort and seats for children under 5.
We will provide you with route maps and driving instructions, however GPS or Satellite Navigations Handsets are offered for rental by all the car rental companies and are pre bookable at an additional cost.
How to Book your America Holidays to California
Your America holidays are unique to you, therefore we will provide you with a quotation based on the lowest airfare and hotels rates at the time of your enquiry for the dates you want to travel. This means you will benefit from the most competitive price avaliable
Discuss your requirements.
Whether you wish to plan your America holidays around one of our itinerary ideas, or have ideas of your own, please do get in touch by email, by completing the online ” Enquiry ” form, via the live chat link or by phone and discuss your holiday requirements with us personally.
Once you are completely satisfied that our America Holidays proposal meets your requirements all we require is a deposit of approximately 10% of the cost of the holiday with the balance being due two months prior to travel.
Staying in touch.
We appreciate that even after making your America Holidays booking further questions will undoubtedly spring to mind, your consultant will be your point of contact handling every aspect of your trip from the time you confirm your booking until you return from holiday and will be available to answer any questions that may arise.
The next step...
To discuss this itinerary and the options open to you, please call us on 02392 208002.